Report a Crime
Welcome to the Owen Sound Police Service Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is NOT an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Owen Sound City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- You have a valid email address?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Reports filed on behalf of a third party or for public property, will not be accepted. Reports must by filed by the actual complainant, owner or authorized representative.
- You can NOT report lost or stolen vehicles, license plate(s), prescription drugs, firearms, Canadian or foreign Passports or Federal Canadian documents (SIN, Immigration Cards, etc).
- You can NOT report motor vehicle collisions.
- You can NOT report anything over the value of $5,000.
Using the Owen Sound Police Service Police Citizens Online Police Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):