Criminal Record checks should be conducted by the agency the person is policed by.
Online Criminal Record Check
If you are a current resident of Owen Sound, 21 or older and have an established credit history in Canada, such as credit cards, bank loans or a mortgage, you may submit your record check request online from the comfort of your home, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
This includes payment and authentication of your identity through your credit history.
The website is hosted by our partner Forrest Green Solutions; follow these links for more information and to submit your request online.
Please Note: You may contact our Records Department at any time for more information, 24 hours a day by telephone.
In person Criminal Record Check
Owen Sound residents can attend in person at:
Owen Sound Police Service
922 2nd Avenue West, Owen Sound, Ontario.
The person attending is required to bring with them 2 pieces of identification as follows:
- Driver’s Licence along with a second form of government issued identification
- Students are allowed a student card in lieu of a Driver’s Licence
Payment is required upon submission of the request with fees as follows:
- $50 for employment purposes
- $25 for educational placement purposes
- No fee for volunteer purposes however the applicant must be a resident of Owen Sound AND the volunteer position must be in Owen Sound