Skip to main content


Submit a Compliment or Complaint

Compliment a Member

If you've recently observed a member of the Owen Sound Police Service going that extra kilometre we'd like to hear from you!  We'll be in touch and make sure that the deed does not go unacknowledged.

Submit a Compliment

We're extremely proud of not only our Service, but also of our members. Your comments are appreciated.

Ways to Make a Complaint

  1. A complainant can go into a police station and simply have a conversation to clear up a question or complaint. These conversations do not have to be filed with the OIPRD.

  2. Local Resolution allows the police to solve, explain, clear up or settle a matter considered to be "less serious" directly with the complainant. The complaint must be dealt with in person at a police station or detachment by an officer in authority designated by the chief of police within 30 days of the incident.

  3. Filing a Formal Complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD)

How to File a Formal Complaint

  • By e-file on the OIPRD website

  • Scanned to PDF and emailed to the OIPRD

  • By mail or fax to the OIPRD

  • In person at the OIPRD office

  • At any municipal, regional or provincial police station

The OIPRD and the Formal Complaint process:  LEARN MORE