Whether you're looking to sell your old bicycle or need a used vehicle, online Buy & Sell sites make it easier than ever to make a few dollars or find a great deal. But regardless what your motivation is to use these sites, you always need to ensure your transactions are safe.
- Always meet in a public place, preferably during the day. Bring someone with you if you can and try to find a location that has security cameras for extra protection.
- If something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Ask a lot of questions and properly inspect items before turning over your hard-earned money.
- Be wary of purchasing online tickets. Many people have showed up to venues, only to be turned away when the tickets turn out to be fraudulent.
- If you're buying or selling a vehicle, consider meeting at a garage so you can verify the quality of the vehicle so you don't have to rely on a test drive.
- Don't bring large quantities of cash with you to make a purchase. Complete an e-transfer after you've inspected the item or meet at a bank.
- Use common sense and trust your gut. If you don't feel comfortable with the situation, then don't show up for the meeting.