Skip to main content Skip to footer

Crime Reporting

If you are currently experiencing an emergency, call: 911

For a non-emergency, contact Owen Sound Police Service at: 519-376-1234

If you’ve been the victim of a crime, or witnessed a crime in the City of Owen Sound, Owen Sound Police need to know about it right away. With your help, we can bring criminals to justice and reduce the impact of crime in our communities.

Certain crimes under a $5000 value can be reported online, including:

  • Lost property
  • Mischief/damage to property
  • Mischief/damage to a vehicle
  • Theft under $5000
  • Theft from a vehicle under $5000
  • Gas drive-off (report online only)

Reporting online allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.

Before choosing to report a crime online, please note that an incident cannot be reported online if:

  • This incident occurred outside the Owen Sound City limits. If the crime occurred outside of the City of Owen Sound, please contact the area’s local police service.
  • Threats or violence occurred.
  • The crime is rooted in hate or bias, or related to intimate partner violence.
  • You know the suspect or have suspect information or information related to a vehicle involved in the crime.
  • There is evidence left behind.

If none of the above statements apply, and you have a valid email address, you are ready to file your report online.

Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

Click HERE to begin your online report NOW!

Upon completion of this online report, you will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" indicating that your police report is complete. If possible, print or PDF a copy of your police report to keep for your records.

Please Note:

  • All incidents reported online will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime.
  • Reports filed on behalf of a third party or for public property, will not be accepted. Reports must by filed by the actual complainant, owner or authorized representative.
  • You can NOT report lost or stolen vehicles, license plate(s), prescription drugs, firearms, Canadian or foreign Passports or Federal Canadian documents (SIN, Immigration Cards, etc).
  • You can NOT report motor vehicle collisions.
  • You can NOT report anything over the value of $5,000.

Police Tape

Subscribe for notifications from Owen Sound Police Service

Stay up to date on our general news, alerts, current job opportunities, and events by subscribing to OSPS notifications.

You will receive an email from and must then confirm in the email reply to complete the subscription.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.